The 2019 Children’s Healthcare Canada Annual Conference will ensure that content in our program has relevance for patients, clients and their families, caregivers, and the public. The Patients Included charter provides conference organizers with a means of demonstrating that their events are committed to incorporating the experience of patients, who are experts in living with their condition, while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.
Patients Included status is self-assessed and self-monitored. A conference that successfully meets all five of the charter’s clauses may accredit itself as a Patients Included event. The 2019 Children’s Healthcare Canada Annual Conference, themed, Connecting Health Systems for Kids, will fulfill the five Patients Included charter clauses:
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics, and speakers.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised program are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organizers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements are open to patient delegates.
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
The Application window for Patient and Family Grants for the 2019 Children’s Healthcare Canada Conference is closed!
Discounted fees for Patient/Family attendees are available, please contact email@example.com for more information.